University Orthopedics prides itself on not only being healers and innovators but also teachers. That’s why the practice is thrilled to announce several of its doctors were recently recognized with Excellence in Teaching Awards from Brown University’s Warren Alpert School of Medicine.
The Dean’s Excellence Awards in Teaching, Advising, and Mentoring recognize the dedicated campus-based faculty, hospital-based instructors, and office-based teachers who effectively teach and mentor medical students and residents. The University Orthopedic providers awarded include:
- Edward Akelman, MD – Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Chair of Orthopaedics
- John Czerwein, Jr., MD – Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics
- Craig Eberson, MD – Associate Professor of Orthopaedics
- Jonathan Richard Schiller, MD – Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics
- Ramin Tabaddor, MD – Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics, Clinical Assistant Professor of Family Medicine
- Alexandre Boulos, MD – Orthopedic Surgery Resident
UOI’s Physical Therapy Department is also recognizing some of its own.
Dave Pezzullo and Joe DeOrsey just presented Mark Murphy, PT with the 2020 UOI PT Rookie of the Year award for his contributions to the Physical Therapy Department in his first year with the practice.
Kevin Mahoney and Stacy Faiola joined Pezzullo in awarding Dan Bien, PT with the 2020 UOI PT Employee of the Year award for his contributions to the Physical Therapy Department over the last year.
Congratulations to all of those recognized!